Wednesday, December 29, 2010

08/05/2010


Intellectually, I do not believe in fate. But I do believe that some sort of unconscious intelligence within us knows what we need, and draws us onto a path that will lead to our eventual Wholeness. In this sense, there is no future yet planned, and as I once wrote and think of often, time cannot hold in secret that which does not yet exist.

In light of this, I still can't help but imagine fate to play some role. That the story is already written and we are somewhat passive to its power over us. As if some force pushes us and guides us towards the right end even when the means seem so wrong. Perhaps it's even harder not to believe in fate when two or more people are concerned. Where I feel like my actions play into your fate and yours play into mine. 

The choices I make do not feel like choices. I only ever have one choice, to do what feels right. Even if it feels wrong in so many ways, I still know when I'm on the right path, as if I'm fighting the gods who watch over me, but relenting to their power none the less.


No comments:

Post a Comment